What do you know, just when I have the energy to tell you all that I am too busy to blog – I post one thing after another. So this is my habitual end-of-year blogpost. This was a busy year for me. I bought a house and moved into it, I lost my grandmother, I started on the path towards becoming a mindfulness teacher, I went to Hamburg to see HH the Dalai Lama, I am signing up for finally finishing my bachelor religion studies and the main site I do business on has folded.
Are you keeping up? Probably not. I know I have a hard time keeping up myself, sometimes.  (In fact, I forgot all about publishing my first book: Essays on Karma)[/edit] Thankfully the business part of my life is going better than expected – and just in time for Christmas too. That gives me some room to breath and finish that bachelor degree before the mindfulness training starts I set my heart on. With a few clients added in, I will be able to manage just fine.
So – what about this blog? Well – here are my top spiritual blogposts of all time.
- 10 simple mindfulness exercises
- On how to stay celibate
- Best Buddhist Blogs
- Karma in the Bhagavad Gita
- My disillusionment with Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Shamanism, Buddhism, and Ayahuasca – hallucinogen and spirituality (guest post)
- Did Buddhism win the best Religion of the world award?
- Anatma, no Soul, Buddha Nature, Vedantins vs Buddhism
- Are humans meant to be vegetarian?
- The five stages of the soul transformation process: Michael Mirdad
Due to the vagaries of Google, they are all several years old. My three best performing blogposts for 2014 were:
- Female vs Male Spirituality
- How to be a bad girl – or a strong woman
- How to bring more awareness in your daily life
On my related spiritual book reviews blog the following blogposts were most popular:
- Essential Sufism, edited by James Fadiman and Robert Frager
- Best Sufi books, books on Sufism
- Mindfulness for Dummies review
- Dakini Power: Twelve Extraordinary Women Shaping the Transmission of Tibetan Buddhism in the West
- Goddesses of the celestial gallery, Romio Shrestha
- The View From Within: First Person Approaches To The Study Of Consciousness
- Man The Measure Of All Things
- Best books on Buddhism, according to my readers
- Guided meditations on the Stages of the Path, Thubten Chodron
- The Secret Doctrine Commentaries: the Unpublished 1889 Instructions
As you probably noticed, I did a new design for this blog. I was never quite satisfied with the previous design. This one is more in balance, I think.
And before I forget: Happy Holidays everybody!